"This rule has been applied by the system administrator and cannot be modified"
In windows server 2008, I created a rule in "Windows firewall with advance security" sub "Connection security rule" called "test". Rule is for Authentication. require inbound and request outbound. Now, I can't delete or disable the rule even as an administrator. I also have a second rule that I like, but I also can't be modified. How do I get access so I can delete,disable and/or modify the rules that I created? note: I don't see the rule in netsh advancefirewall. The computer is a domain controller.
March 16th, 2010 8:59pm

Hi Rob,Have you started the "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" console with "Run as administrator" option?Regards,Wilson JiaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 17th, 2010 6:30am

Yes.
March 18th, 2010 12:35am

Reopening and bumping this one. Still no resolution and it's preventing me from connecting to my work machine from home, even when I'm on the VPN. This wasn't a problem until I installed Forefront.
April 21st, 2010 7:53pm

Perhaps the rule was added through the GroupPolicy editor: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314488 Click Start , click Run , type mmc , and then click OK . On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in . Click Add . Under Available Stand-alone Snap-ins , click Group Policy Object Editor , click Add , and then click Finish .
March 16th, 2011 7:25pm

Is there a resolution to this issue? I am seeing a similare issue with a firewall rule which I cannot delete or disable, I don's see anything in local policy and I have the ForeFront client running on this server.
June 1st, 2011 9:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics